This is what I know second hand from a former military person’s eyewitness account. Just before 6 pm on Friday, there were 7 to 12 small, fast craft on two sides of the ship. There were men dressed in black in the boats. The men had fish. The Tahitian Princess altered course and sped up. The boats couldn’t keep up. The Tahitian Princess staff say they were fishing boats. CNN says that pirates lie in wait as fishermen. The passengers say they were pirates.
So what do we think pirates would do? Wave, smile and have fish in their hands until they got close? Or fly a skull and crossbones flag and wave automatic weapons in a menacing way?
Check out our friend's photo.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Wow!! Are you guys able to keep up with what happened with Captain Phillips? He is freed and the pirates are dead (three of them).
Send those pics. That would be really exciting to see.
A WOW from me too. The pirates are so much in the news here and you have a real life tale to tell. Are you really getting to the Mediterranean and European part of your cruise? It has gone so fast. I just read much of March and April and can only imagine the various sights you have seen. The photos from Mumbai were great. Mike and I just watched Slumdog Millionaire last weekend. It is harsh but amazing world.
Enjoy your days. I can't wait to hear more about it.
where are the Navy snipers when ya need 'em?
Hi
I have missed your posts. Just went to the Cruise SHip tracker page and see you are in the English Channel today. How are you holding up. Is the end of the trip anti-climactic or are you hating to see the cruise come to an end? I'll talk to you soon.
Jeannette
Post a Comment