Sunday, May 13, 2007

On board


If you cruise, you also have had your cabin inhabited by strange animals - the handiwork of the cabin steward. We had several cute ones, but I keep forgetting to take photos. This was a practice/learning experience for the big cruise next year, and one learning has been that I have to take my camera with me and use it!


The Voyager of the Seas has a enormous indoor mall - The Royal Promenade. At first, I said that was the last place on the ship that I wanted to be, but then we were increasingly attracted to it. Seattle's Best Coffee was one big reason. Each morning before going to breakfast,we would stop at the Cafe so Jerry could have a cup of really good coffee. Plain coffee is free; if you want the Starbucks' type fancy coffees, they have those for about what you pay on shore at home.

With cool and windy weather, we were drawn to the space by the warmth, the glitz, the buzz of the people. We even shopped - once. Jerry found a bargain of a treasure to bring home as our memory of the trip - a dolphin, sea turtle, fish and coral in a sculpture reminiscent of Weyland's marine pieces.





This was also the perfect place for meeting people - which we did many times. With the calm seas that we had, it was impossible to remember that we were aboard a ship. I guess that is the idea from marketing to try to attract a younger audience. But we are young at heart and we loved it.

No comments: