We arrived in Barcelona from Alicante and were off the Voyager of the Seas by 9 am. It didn't matter though because the Hotel Continental Barcelona on Las Ramblas is frequently booked by cruise ship passengers. The Hotel has a secure baggage storage room, so we stowed our luggage, had a quick breakfast at the Hotel's 24 hour free buffet and headed off.
The Bus Turistic was perfect for us. We bought the pass and boarded just around the corner from our hotel on Placa Catalunya. We rode on the upper deck, enjoying the great view of the city. We saw Park Guell, Gaudi's unfinished garden city, Montjuic, and the rest of the sights along the bus route.
For lunch we had vegetarian paella at a little restaurant just west of Las Ramblas and got right back on the bus. Dinner was looking bleak as we walked up and down Las Ramblas in search of food without animal products. Just as we had decided it was going to be back to the 24 hour breakfast buffet at the hotel, we spotted Maoz Vegetarian. We had fabulous falafel sandwiches with wonderful salad toppings and splurged on Belgian chips (French Fries). The splurge being the calories, not the cost. There are not many of these restaurants in the world, but we discovered one about 10 miles from our house and have eaten there twice since returning home.
This amazing work by Gaudi in the photo above was the only place I had my camera! I took twenty photos at Sagrada Familia which I uploaded to Kodak Gallery. If you really want to see them send me your email address and I will send you an invitation so you can view them. I can't seem to find an easy way to upload that many photos here.
This is the last post for the 2007 cruise. Future posts will be about planning for the 2008 QE2 World Cruise.
No comments:
Post a Comment