Sunday, June 3, 2007

Always thinking about it

With over 7 months to go, we are doing much more planning now. I have begun to research the ports we will visit and with so many that alone will take some time. I had decided to do the research in order of the stops we will make, so Barbados is first and finished. In Barbados we will find public transportation and visit a beach for the day.

My plan was to research the ports in order, but that worked a short time. Online, of course, I can research them in any order I choose to, but the books I reserve at the library will arrive in the order they arrive. And Easter Island has arrived. I guess I will just have to be flexible!

I am also participating in the message boards at Cruise Critic. The posts there have been quite helpful because so many of the participants have been on many QE2 cruises before. One of the suggestions they made was to check out the deck plans on another website. The deck plans on the Cunard site are quite small and hard to read. The plans on Deluxe Cruises website are very helpful, including square footage for most of the QE2 cabins.

And, of course, my abiding interest is in the clothes and what everyone else is planning to take with them. I found out on the last cruise that I really don't have enough clothes! And with 50 formal nights (that's what the message board says!), I definitely do not have enough formal clothes. So I plan to get to some stores this week and do some serious buying.

I am still not-buying-it in 2007. (See my other blog if you don't know what I mean.) Cruise clothes was a category on my allowable list of buying because we had already booked the QE2 World Cruise and I knew I really needed to have more clothing to take with me.

No comments: