At sea, day one after Barbados
Barbados was a great port for us. We went by taxi through the city of Georgetown to the beach called Boatyard Beach, actually we went to the quiet part of the beach adjacent to The Boatyard. The beach was broad on a curved bay with fine white sand like a brand new bag just opened for a sandbox. The warm turquoise water was perfect for swimming – which we did every few minutes to cool off.
The clothes that I decided I had to have the day before we left home turned out to be perfect for going to a beach. I just wore the nylon brown pants over my bathing suit with a yellow t-shirt, my Christmas gift yellow water shoes from Land’s End and my old yellow straw hat.
After the beach we went to The Grand Lounge for the Barbadian performers who came onboard for an hour to entertain us. The Queen of Limbo was amazing – she limboed under a flaming bar about 6 inches from the floor – and she wasn’t a tiny little person. After dinner. we saw the movie Fracture again last night and understood it better than the first time we saw it.
The days pass quickly. Before we know it, we have to dash off for something. Like right now because it is time for lunch.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hi
Life at sea seems to become you.
It was a shame that the QE2 got delayed in sailing on Wednesday to let QVictoria out in all her glory. We saw the fire boats spraying the red white and blue water in honor of the big ship.
It got too dark to take pictures so we had to leave before you actually sailed. We ate dinner downtown and when we were going back to the car a little after 8:00 I think I saw the lights of your ship heading out on its voyage.
Amazing. Have fun -- and I hope you have good signals so you can use your electronic toys for most of the trip.
Jeannette & Mike
Aloha,
I just read your whole blog. It is wonderful, especially with the pictures.
I went to the Bridge Web Cam - but it seems to be the middle of the night where you are at this moment. No one waving from the bridge.
I hope you are going to post your nightly dress-up clothes! I expect a picture in every outfit.
We are great. Doing the last steps NZ immigration is requiring for us. That includes the following for Jack: additional blood work, a spirometry test (he has asthma - controlled for 3 decades), an EKG and a Stress Treadmill EKG. We expect he will do fine on all of these. We should have the results to NZ by mid February and then just wait to see if they accept us. I hope we will know by March.
Also, Jack got his first consulting job. He goes to Fiji in early March. He is loving retirement - very little adaptation needed. He gets up every morning feeling that his life is "luxurious". And is sleeping very deeply. I am so glad we did this!
Wishing you a fabulous time! Love and blessings, Lily & Jack
Post a Comment